Book An Appointment
Near Hero DMC Heart Centre,
Ludhiana, Punjab 141001
Sunday: 11 am - 01:30 pm
Hormonal Acne Treatment
Acne is one of the most common skin problems that both women and men face. While any people face the problem of acne during puberty, there are conditions when the acne can become stubborn and may as well occur well beyond late 20s-the condition is known as adult acne.
When to suspect underlying hormonal pathology for acne?
A Hormonal evaluation is reserved for those patients who experience the following:
- Those who develop late-onset (adult acne, after 35 years of age), or sudden-onset, or severe, unresponsive, and persistent acne.
- Prepubertal acne.
- History of premenstrual flare.
- Associated signs of hyperandrogenism, such as hirsutism, deeping of voice, androgenetic alopecia.
- Females with history suggestive of poltcystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS) like menstrual irregularities, infertility, weight gain.
- HAIR-AN syndrome (hyperandrogenism, acanthosis nigricans)
- Associated with cutaneous signs of hyperinsulininemia, such as acanthosis nigricans, skin tags, mid-truncal obesity, etc.
Clinical Picture which warrants hormonal evaluation
The concentration of lesions along the jawline and chin. It has been seen that more than 50% of adult female patients of persistent acne have at least one abnormal hormonal level. Acne associated with obesity, hirustism, hairfall, acanthosis etc.